Sunday, October 24

to give grief a witness

It's saturday, and most of the family and friends have left. I have made it to dinner... I feel proud when i make it to dinner. the day is almost over, and sleep will soon overtake me and i will not think or cry for a few hours. 

my good friends reece and sarah sent me a facebook message with a youtube video attached. "I Will Carry You" about Audrey Smith, baby to Todd from the singing group Selah, has ministered to my soul. I then went on a stalking spree and found Angie (the mom's) blog and have been comforted by the words of another mom who has grieved the death of a baby girl. The previous post is an email i sent to her. 

I need to find food, and perhaps drink a glass of wine for the third night in a row. 

"I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me." Somehow i will keep going, and keep waking and sleeping and being sustained.


2 comments:

  1. Erin I found your blog via Autumn and was so thankful to be able to read your story after having prayed for you through the FB updates from Mindy Brouse. I am so incredibly sorry for the death of your sweet baby girl. Her pictures are beautiful! I too lost a baby girl...she was stillborn at 32 weeks. I know our situations are a bit different but I wanted you to know that I am praying and I know some of what you are going through.
    I would be more than willing to talk or communicate via e-mail if you would like. Just ask Mindy for my info. One book that really helped me during my grieving was Good Mourning.
    Praying Comfort for you!
    Charlsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin!
    I'm so glad you found Angie's blog. Believe it or not she prayed for you on that Tuesday and Wednesday (and probably continues to). I had emailed her explaining the situation. I read her blog and knew she could pray for you like not many others could. She was very sweet and responded. Just thought you should know.

    in Christ,
    Grateful for Grace

    ReplyDelete